Pages

20120616

Rupert Murchoch BSKYB

Dear MP,

I am currently writing this email in regards Rupert Murdoch in bid to own BSkyB. I strongly believe he is not a convenient person to own this company, as he owns too many and not doing a good job at it. With all the allegations going around, makes it completely untenable to ahead. The phone hacking scandal has definitely got to be by any doubt why he shouldn’t take over BSkyB.

He breached the privacy laws of the Data protection act, by hacking into celebrities, politicians, members of the British Royal family and murdered Milley Dowler phones. Phones of deceased British soldiers' relatives were also accessed, resulting in a public outburst against News Corporation and owner Rupert Murdoch, which resulted to the closure of News of the World. Also if he was to own BSkyB, it will end up being biased as he will want to show only what he would want the world to know and see through the news. If he is able to do such corrupt acts, not forgetting breaching laws, then surely he can do it again with BSkyB, maybe this time even worse.

I strongly believe that he should withdraw his bid. He shouldn’t be able to be given the right to own such huge media company, because I don’t think it’s likely in these circumstances that it would allow public consent for the bid to go ahead anyway. I hope this email was enough to express my views on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment