Pages

20111017

Review report

Throughout the whole project, to start with I have met my targets. Once we got into the real work, and the whole filming and editing business, I slacked a bit; I had realised I had struggled a bit to start filming because I wasn’t happy with my script. Then I realised that if I had redone my script I would have ran out of time to finish the project in time. I really struggled with the whole editing situation.  I had no past experience editing a video on that specific editing software. I normally use straight forward software’s. I found it complicated and annoying to use. Having said that I did try to keep up with my targets I set for myself on my logbook. I’m the type of person that likes to get things done on time. I don’t like rushing through my work. I learnt that I definitely like to do practical work. I learn better doing practical things and things that will engage me, rather than sitting down writing an essay. I also enjoy working in groups, I like communicating with others and learning from my peers.
Enthusiasm definitely motivates me as a learner. If I’m not enthusiastic about any specific task, project, whatever, I simply won’t be bothered to do it until I’m under pressure and I have no choice but to. Then that means I wouldn’t put enough effort and thought into the work. What frustrates me the most as a learner is when I don’t understand to do something, for example, the editing software, it took me some time for me to get my head round it, it was very frustrating because everyone else seemed like they were finding it easy and editing away. Not understanding something in general frustrates me as a learner.
To be an effective learner in the future, I need to start doing some work at home. As most of the time I seem to think that all my work needs to be done in college. It would be nice to try out/practice and get familiar with different software’s outside college times, and explore them; just because I think it might come in handy in the future. Also, I think I need to start volunteer answering questions and answer questions during class times as it will expand my understanding on the subject and help me to be more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment