Pages

20111017

Video blog evaluation

As I did finish my video profile till last minute, I didn’t have enough time to ask my peers to comment on my video blog and give me some feedback on what they liked, and how they thought I could have improved. I think it took me some time to get my head round the whole task we have been asked to do, which is to grab yourself a camera and start filming, as I wasn’t sure where and how to start, even though I had my script I wasn’t completely happy with it. After sometime, I had loads of different ideas and techniques I could add to my video profile, but as I started to use final cut pro, I found it complicated to use and hard for me to get started. I think that was one of the reasons why I was so behind in my work.

I think I’m quite proud of my video overall, even though I did rush it; I got it done in time. I didn’t follow my script as I felt it was boring and I changed a few things on the spot. I think if I had got started on my editing earlier I would have had more time to change a few things to make it look and sound better. I like the choices of music I selected, each background music complimented each topic I was talking about. The effects used weren’t that bad (I know I could have done better). I think I should have got shots of me talking to the camera more, apart from just using my voice over pictures. I tried to use the five shot rule to show my understanding of the different shots that are used in video clips, films etc.

In the end, to be honest I have enjoyed doing this practical work as it has expanded my understanding of filming, and gave me a brief idea of what is expected from you to know; in order to work in the film industry. I am now familiar with the new software I had to get my head round to.

Overall, I think I’ve done well with my video blog, and seen as being behind, I never thought I would have got it done on time. I’m proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment