When I found out that we had to our own video installation, lights came in mind. I enjoyed working with the lights in my previous projects, and I also liked how one could do lots of different stuff with it with DLSR cameras. I done my research and I wanted to do something similar to what Will.I.Am had in his music video Heartbreaker. A person with lights all over dancing. I wanted to incorporate that and make something of my own.
My first attempt was not exactly how a wanted and pictured it. A dark empty room was available which was great, I got straight into it and started on. My original concept was to light paint around a person doing random dance move; for each dance move I take a picture and so on. I then planned to put the pictures together so it almost has that iStopMotion effect. When I finished editing it, I didn't feel like it looked great, and it wasn't what I exactly wanted.
I decided to re-shoot in the same location. Only difference this time was that I filmed a person holding two white lights doing random dance moves. I feel like my second attempt was exactly how I wanted it. The feedback that I received from my class mates were mostly positive. Some people said that it reminded them of the solar system. They also really liked how the music complimented well with the video. If I had to do it again, I would spend more time editing it properly and film more footage with different coloured lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment